Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Dozen Key Chains

1. "I did not want to go to camp." page 45

When I was younger and couldn't stay at home alone during the sumer, I had to go to day camps, I hated them. The whole day consisted of the counselors giving you a bunch of activities to choose from, usually sports and arts and crafts. I always chose crafts. Even worse were sleep away camps, which I never went to because I couldn't stand the idea of leaving my home for a week to go someplace where I didn't know anybody. I can relate to Firoozeh when she decided that she didn't want to go to camp, but still had to. I would have hated that.


2. "I decided then and there not to bahte." page 46

I could never do what Firoozeh did. Personal hygiene is really important. I always want to be clean and smell good. I would find some way to bathe without being walked in on.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the book and to you because when I was little my mom thought it would be a good idea to go to a summer day camp. I didn't really like it but I went anyway and just talked with the camp counselor.

    ReplyDelete