Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Ran and I Ran and I Ran


I Ran and I Ran and I Ran

1."My parents and I ran and ran and ran." page 113

Both Frioozeh and Sundara had to run from people who were persecuting them for being themselves. When Firoozeh and her family went to Washington D.C. to see the Shah, there were angry protestors who attacked the group of Shah supporters. Luckily, Firoozeh and her family were able to escape without a scratch, just as Sundara and her family escaped before they were hurt by the Khmer Rouge.

2. "The lobby was filled with and bandaged survivors exchanging horror stories. At the sight of all the wounded, my father turned to my mother and me and said, 'Don't mention we went on a tour. It's going to look bad that we were having fun while everybody else was suffering.'" page 114

Firoozeh and her family were able to escape the worst just as Sundara and her family were able too. They both experienced guilt towards the fact that other people, their own people, suffered while they didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment